Select Style & Size
A better bottom bracket.
Wheels Manufacturing offers its PF30 Angular Contact Bottom Bracket for frames that have a 46mm ID shell and cranks that use a 30mm spindle. This is an excellent option if you are starting a new build or replacing a worn out, OEM unit. Two machined aluminum cups offer increased durability over typical plastic ones increasing bearing life. Wheels kept the press together method for simple installation and maintenance. Unlike typical cartridge bearings, angular contact bearings are designed to handle a bit of lateral force and preload so you can say goodbye to creaking, and hello to smoother operation and longer bearing life. The angular contact bearings are harder and rounder than most ball bearings so they're quicker out of the box and stay that way.
To install this PF30 Bottom Bracket, you'll need a BB30 tool or headset press to install the aluminum cups into the frame and ensure correct installation. It's compatible with bottom bracket shells ranging from 61 to 86.5mm wide, including PF30, BB386EVO, Specialized Carbon OSBB, and BBRight Press Fit standards.
- An upgrade bottom bracket for PF30 BB shells and cranksets
- Durable steel bearings are rounder and harder than others
- Machined aluminum cups are more durable than typical plastic ones
- Compatible with BB shells from 61 to 86.5mm wide, including BBright and BB386EVO
- Item #WHL000W
- [cups] aluminum, [bearings] steel
- Shell Type
- PF30, BB386EVO, Specialized Carbon OSBB, BBRight
- Shell Width
- 61 - 86.5mm
- Axle Type
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- cyclocross, gravel, road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?