Select style & size:Select options
Lightweight and handmade.
- Two-hand rod for spey fishing
- Lightweight to reduce energy loss
- Stiff butt aids turnover for large flies
- Hand-built in the USA for personal excellence
- Rod tube included for protection
- Item #WET000Y
- Q & A
Excellent Spey Rod
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Used this rod for steelhead fishing in Oregon and swinging for silvers in Alaska. I would call it a 6.5 wt with enough power to cast across medium-large rivers while turning over big flies, but also light enough to feel the fish more acutely than you would on a 7 or 8. I felt my casts were sharp and precise. You can really feel the rod load, which I appreciate. I would highly recommend as a versatile spey rod for everything but the biggest rivers.