Keep the moisture at bay.
Weather in the backcountry can often be unpredictable. With the Western Mountaineering Flash XR Hooded Jacket you'll be ready for the changing conditions. 850+ fill goose down keeps you warm on cold mornings before the sun fully rises. However, down only provides warmth if it stays dry. Once it's wet, it loses its loft and your precious body heat easily escapes. Knowing this, Western Mountaineering constructed the Flash XR with a laminated shell fabric to up the water-resistance so you'll stay dry and warm when you encounter unexpected showers on the trail. Insulated pockets and hood, plus a down filled draft tube behind the zipper, top it all off with additional warmth so you can comfortably enjoy your mountain adventures.
- Down jacket for cold mountain adventures with light moisture
- 850+ fill down offers lofty warmth for cold mornings around camp
- Laminated shell offers added measure of protection from moisture
- Insulated hood and pockets keep extremities cozy on chilly evenings
- Hood adjusters keep hood from impairing vision when turning head
- Down filled draft tube behind zipper keeps wind from chilling core
- Western Mountaineering's products are all proudly made in the USA
- Item #WES001L
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'4"
- Weight: 150lbs
If you want the lightest, yet weather resistant down hoody, you found it here in the Western Mountaineering Flash XR. The loft is amazing and it packs down to nothing. Definitely for that technical user who wants the very best!
Western Mountaineering Rep