Brisk mountain mornings.
Whether you're climbing, backpacking, or making your way up a skin track, some lightweight, packable warmth is always welcome. The Flash Hooded Down Jacket from Western Mountaineering with its 850+ goose down fill offers lightweight warmth without the bulk that's easy to pack away when the sun comes out or when you raise your heart rate. Its tightly woven face fabric keeps light moisture at bay while the down filled hand pockets and hood keep your extremities extra toasty on cold mornings around the campfire. Instead of cordlocks, the Flash utilizes lightweight elastic piping at the hood and waist to seal out the cold. The down filled draft tube behind the zipper offers insulated draft protection so you can stay nice and cozy through brisk mornings in the mountains.
- Down jacket with great warmth to weight ratio for cold weather days
- 850+ fill weight offers lofty warmth that's easily packed away
- Tightly woven face fabric repels light moisture for dry comfort
- Hand pockets, hood are insulated to enhance warmth on cold mornings
- Down filled draft tube behind zipper keeps wind from chilling core
- All Western Mountaineering products are proudly made in the USA
- Item #WES001K
- Q & A
Light and breathable!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'4"
- Weight: 150lbs
I fluctuate between the Flash XR and the Hooded Flash from Western. The Hooded Flash, this one, is so light and I forget that I am wearing it. The XR gives me extra weather protection when it is just nasty outside. But for a great layer, this Hooded Flash Jacket is the bomb.
Western Mountaineering Rep