Select style & size:Select options
Made for kayak touring with a high-angle paddling style.
The Werner Shuna 2-Piece Paddle is ideal for smaller paddlers who use a high-angle stroke or larger paddlers who want a lightweight paddle that doesn't sacrifice high-cadence capabilities or purchase. The carbon shaft feels light in your hand, the mid-sized blade balances power with minimal resistance, and the adjustable ferrule allows you to dial in blade angle in a snap. Take this high-angle touring paddle out on the ocean in the afternoon or use it for long-haul treks through a series of lake chains.
- High-angle design focuses the style of this paddle towards high-cadence paddling and the ease of linking a variety of paddling maneuvers
- Mid-sized blade strikes a comfortable balance between power and ease-of-use, making it ideal for paddlers of varying experience levels
- Contoured blade features a shape that creates a clean, powerful catch with every stroke
- Blade features a slight dihedral shape that directs water away from the blade face for the smoothest feel when you're maneuvering and pulling hard
- Continuous-weave fiberglass material adds durability and strength to the blade
- Smart-View adjustable ferrule system allows you to change the left and right feather angle in 15-degree increments
- Smart-View system uses an internal gear system that's low profile so this feels like a one-piece paddle
- Straight shaft is lighter than bent-shaft designs and it allows for the widest range of hand-placement options
- Standard Diameter shaft fits hands six-and-a-half inches or larger
- Item #WER0099
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I, as a relatively new kayaker, had no idea that a paddle could make such a difference in performance and ease/joy of kayaking! All I had to do was compare how efficient and light this paddle is as compared to 'other' paddles I have used and it was remarkable. 10 miles for me before was fun but tiring. With the Werner Shuna I'm not ready to stop after 10. Paddle was chosen for me by experienced kayaker and it was a good choice for me. Female 5'6" and 128 lbs.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I can't say enough about this paddle! We got this paddle for adventure racing - where we do a mix of whitewater and flatwater packraft paddling. I expected to mostly use this paddle for whitewater and still use our wing paddles for flatwater, but this paddle is so light and efficient, we have pretty-much stopped using our wing paddles. The paddle is incredibly lightweight and durable at the same time. We've used it in class II/III whitewater. Love it! Note that I'm copying this same review for both the Corryvreckan and Shuna paddles. At 5'11", 180lbs, I use the Corryvreckan while my 5'2", 120lb girlfriend uses the Shuna - which is basically a smaller-bladed version of the Corryvreckan. We love them both!
Smooth and strong
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Great tool for an all-around paddler.
The strokes are smooth on long distance, but you can still push pretty hard in moving and lumpy waters.
As a professional instructor in Québec, I used it in differents occasions : few days trips, teaching, guiding, surfing, rock hopping...Always reliable, solid and offers a great feeling.
My only bad comment goes on the ferrule system, wich tends to slowly loosen with time, even with regular rinsing and washing.
In brief : great paddle for any kayaker.
Do you have the 4-piece in stock?
Do you have the 4-piece in stock?
Unfortunately we only have the 2-piece available.