Revolutionary shift in volume.
By shifting the overall volume of the Mega Magic 2 SLX Longboard, Walden created one of their best-selling designs for surfers seeking a shorter, more maneuverable longboard without giving up floatation or stability in the lineup. The secret to the Mega Magic 2 SLX's success lies in its redistributed volume, which is approximately 1/2 to 1 inch thicker and 1 to 2 inches wider than a standard Magic Longboard by Walden. Ultimately, this allows the Mega Magic 2 SLX to float like a board that's 12 to 18 inches longer, meaning a larger rider can easily downsize from their normal 10-foot longboard to a shorter, more maneuverable 9-foot model.
This particular version is upgraded from a standard Mega Magic 2 with its SLX epoxy construction, which combines the versatility of epoxy construction with reduced weight for a higher performance longboard. Every SLX board uses an EPS core with a timber stringer that's laminated using epoxy resin, biaxial fiberglass, and a specialized process inherent to Walden's surfboard construction. What this achieves is a board with exceptional strength-to-weight, feeling very lightweight and responsive while surfing, as well as excelling in a wide variety of conditions ranging from mushy summer surf to pumping overhead sets.
- Redistributes volume for maneuverability in the lineup
- High volume design floats like a board 12 to 18 in longer
- Patented Magic bottom contour with lots of rocker
- 1/2 to 1 in thicker, 1 to 2 in wider than standard Magic
- SLX construction provides exceptional strength-to-weight
- SLX longboards feel lightweight and responsive underfoot
- 2 + 1 fin setup with FCS II fin boxes for easier swapping
- Item #WLD0001