Select Style & Size
KICKR Power Trainer
You may be scouring the interweb in pursuit of rocking platforms to mount your Wahoo KICKR Power Trainer for more life-like riding experiences. Wahoo has a more straightforward solution that may be more effective. Wahoo resourcefully adds five-degrees of lateral movement to the KICKR thanks to the new AXIS Action Feet, which replace the standard fixed feet on the KICKR. It’s a simple, convenient, and practical improvement to achieve a more realistic and tunable training experience. During pedaling, the feet allow the trainer to sway under load, which Wahoo claims reduces rider fatigue as a bonus. Included with the KICKR is a set of AXIS Feet with three stiffness levels, allowing a tunable amount of sway based on your riding goals. Lock the feet out for a typical session or go fully open for full-tilt, virtual races.
On the surface, the new KICKR appears unchanged from the previous generation; however, updated hardware improves power accuracy from +/-2% to +/-1%. You may wonder why Wahoo continues to pursue power accuracy when a 1% difference in wattage may feel more or less the same, physiologically. With the sharp rise of online racing, precise power readings are much more critical for preserving the authenticity and reliability of data coming in from racers world-wide. Believe it or not, online racing needs standards of accuracy and honest competition. Extending the accuracy of the new KICKR is a self-calibrating feature that removes the minor-inconvenience of manual calibration.
Wahoo maintains features that have made the KICKR its flagship indoor trainer. The electromagnetically controlled flywheel feels natural and road-like, and continuous, wireless communication with online apps and virtual cycling courses creates an immersive training experience. The KICKR replicates a maximum of a 20% incline and can generate 2200-watts of resistance should you ever be able to reach that supernatural ability. The direct-mount style trainer includes an 11-speed cassette and adapters for quick-release and thru-axles. However, XD/XDR cassettes require a separate freehub purchase.
The KICKR supports three, simultaneous Bluetooth connections and is compatible with ELEMNT computers, KICKR HEADWIND, and KICKR CLIMB for a complete indoor training setup.
- KICKR (version 5)receives fresh kicks, auto-calibration, and extra precision
- KICKR AXIS Feet enhance ride feel with five-degrees of lateral motion
- Variable stiffness levels to custom-tune to your specific goals
- Precision power nails accuracy to within +/-1%
- Calibration-free setup removes a minor nuisance of manual spin-downs
- Trainer set up without needing a large rocking platform
- Low-noise operation is ideal for small homes and apartment living
- AXIS Feet work with previous KICKR models (not KICKR Core)
- Self-calibration is not backwards compatible
- Item #WHAC01M
- ANT+, ANT+ FE-C, Bluetooth
- Operating System
- iOS, Andriod, Windows
- KICKR, AXIS Stiff and Easy Feet, 11-28t cassette, AC Power Adapter, Quick Release Skewer, Disc Brake Caliper Spacer, 1.8mm Spacer, Drive Side Adapter for 130mm and 135mm Quick Release, Reversible hub spacer for 130mm and 135mm Quick Release, Drive Side Adapter for 12x142 and 12x148 Thru Axle, Reversible hub spacer for Thru Axle
- [legs open] 20 x 28 x 17in, [legs closed] 20 x 9 x 17in
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- [limited] 1 year
What do you think about this product?