Select style & size:Select options
Every day can't be a powder day, but sometimes that's just fine and dandy, because there's nothing like the Volkl Yumi Ski for carving steep lines on perfect corduroy under cornflower blue skies. Falling on the frontside end of Volkl's women's freeride spectrum, the Yumi's an all-mountain freeride ski that devours hardpack and groomers like a champion, making you feel like one as well.
The Yumi Ski features traditional camber through the body of the ski for grip and stability, but has rockered tips and tails that smooth out bumpy rides, cruise over soft patches, and make it super easy to initiate turns in almost any condition. Additionally, the Yumi boasts a moderate turning radius, making it easy to control, and an 83mm waist that's slim enough to be nimble, but wide enough to provide a stable platform, especially when it comes to tackling East Coast terrain. And while the Yumi's smaller than Volkl's other offerings, it's no shrinking violet. It features the same multi-layer wood core as its big mountain sisters, which is a high-end blend of flexible poplar in the tip and tail, and stiff beech underfoot for power, control, and increased binding retention.
- Frontside carver that loves days spent ripping up groomers
- 84mm waist is quick edge to edge for sustained control
- Rocker eases turn transitions, camber boosts edge hold
- Short turn radius encourages powerful and controlled turns
- Titanal band boosts stiffness and response from tip to tail
- Poplar and beech combine for a damp, powerful, responsive platform
- Full sidewalls add dampness and edge hold when you need it most
- P-Tex 2100 base skips across long flat sections with ease
- Item #VKL008P
What do you think about this product?