Nothing's tastier than a well-earned face shot.
You love fresh powder turns and you're not afraid to earn 'em. Tackle the steep and deep with Volkl's new VTA 108 Alpine Touring Skis on your feet. The VTA 108 is the fattest option in Volkl's newly expanded VTA collection this season, with a 108mm waist that's just begging for a good pow slash. The VTA series represents the ultralight end of the spectrum among Volkl's fleet of touring skis—featuring Volkl's VTA Superlite Outline, carbon tip, and Tourlite wood core, these sticks fly up the hill as fast as you can say skin track.
Volkl's signature Ice.Off topsheet provides a solution to frustrating snow buildup while you're skinning in deep snow, with an anti-icing surface structure that sheds snow buildup. The flat tail makes it easy to wedge into the snow during tricky kick turns, and with the Skin Pin system at the shovel of your ski, your skins can be securely fastened quickly and efficiently. Volkl put a lot of thought into uphill performance with the VTA series, but that don't be afraid to let it rip on the descent. The wood core offers a consistent flex and a playful feel, with a moderate taper that handles variable snow just as well as feather-light blower.
- A lightweight touring ski ready for big days in the backcountry
- 108mm waist thrives in deep snow
- Early rise tip keeps your turns smooth and effortless
- Tourlite wood core is light and playful
- Carbon tip is lightweight and stable at high speeds
- VTA Superlight Outline saves even more weight
- SkinPin fastening system is quick and convenient
- Ice.Off topsheet keeps snow off your skis to reduce unnecessary weight
- Item #VKL005R
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I bought these and a pair of Marker Kingpin's to use as my touring skis in Utah. They are incredibly lightweight which makes touring far less exhausting. For not being full rocker they are surprisingly playful in deep powder. On harder snow and groomers they feel stable as any ski I've ever used. This makes carving big turns at high speed fun and comfortable. You also don't have to worry about getting bogged down in the powder, because of the early rise and 141mm tip width, they float on top of even the fluffiest powder the mountains have to offer.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I have had these skis out for 5 days in the backcountry and I'm pleased so far. The ice off top sheet actually works, keeping my skis light on the ascent. They are fun and playful but not heavy.