New Styles, More Savings:
Select a size:
Katana V-Werks Ski
Carbon is that magical ingredient you'll find in top-of-the-line skis that not only replaces heavy metal laminates, but increases strength and stiffness, too. A few years ago you couldn't find too many companies offering carbon skis, but Volkl was one of the few. Being one of the pioneers in the field of hard-charging, lightweight, carbon skis, the V-Werks Katana returns with its carbon fiber layup and multi wood core—a combination that results in a 15% weight reduction over the non-carbon Katana of yesteryear—the result of which is a ski that loses some weight without sacrificing an ounce of power or performance.
The Katana was already a powerhouse. Its moderately girthy waist, wide tip and tail, full rocker profile, and consistent and responsive flex put it in a category that toed the line between a freeride ski and an all-mountain slayer. The V-Werks version of the Katana features a full carbon jacket along the core to improve torsional rigidity, reduce weight while keeping the milled wood core thin and low to the ski. All said and done, the Katana morphed from a versatile all-mountain, freeride ski to one destined for big-mountain touring with its addition to Volkl's V-Werks collection.
- Big mountain charger is lightweight for sidecountry excursions
- 112mm waist floats in deep snow yet quickly transitions edge-to-edge
- Full rocker profile slashes effortlessly and pivots on a dime
- Long turning radius rails big turns at speed on untouched faces
- 3D carbon ridge and ice-off topsheet prevent ice and snow build-up
- Carbon jacket offers alpine-esque stiffness at a touring-minded weight
- Item #VKLI04K