Consider yourself a mountain-shredding black belt? Chop your way down the mountain with the Volkl Kendo Ski, which slices and dices the entire mountain with the precision of a samurai's blade. Volkl combined an 88mm waist with traditional camber underfoot to create a ski that won't back down from any ice-coast groomer or Rocky Mountain hardpack, and laid it up with titanal to give you plenty of power when you want to rail turns. The Kendo also uses Volkl's full sidewall construction to enhance the ski's stiffness and durability.
Even though the Kendo would be an excellent daily driver for eastern rippers, the Kendo's not a traditional carving ski. It's wide enough to eat up the occasional shot of pow, and has been outfitted with tip and tail rocker to help it get up and over rough snow, ease turn initiation, and ride consistently in almost any snow condition. Volkl also hooked the Kendo up with a multi-layer wood core, which features stiff beech underfoot to improve binding retention and power, with lively poplar in the tips and tails for playfulness and easy maneuvering. The bottom line is the Kendo is a great ski for East coast rippers looking for a daily driver and Westerners looking for a confidence-inspiring ride on the hardpack.
- Ultimate carving weapon is ready for high speeds on firm snow
- Multi-radius sidecut adjusts to the rider’s edge angle
- Full-length sidewalls supply uncompromising stability and durability
- Tip and tail rocker supplies float in soft snow and improves quickness
- Item #VKLI04L
- 163cm, 170cm, 177cm, 184cm
- 129 / 88 / 111mm
- Turn Radius
- [163cm] 20 / 14 / 25m, [170cm] 22 / 15 / 28m, [177cm] 24 / 17 / 30m, [184cm] 26 / 18 / 33m
- tip & tail rocker
- full sidewall
- Multi Layer (beech, poplar)
- titanal frame, carbon tips
- P-Tex 2100
- Claimed Weight
- [single, 177cm] 4lb 5oz
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?