An all-mountain ninja.
Consider yourself a mountain-shredding black belt? Chop your way down the mountain with the Volkl Kendo Ski, which slices and dices the entire mountain with the precision of a samurai's blade. Volkl combined a 90mm waist to traditional camber underfoot to create a ski that won't back down from any ice-coast face or Rocky Mountain hardpack, and laid it up with titanium to give you plenty of power when you want to rail turns. The Kendo also uses Volkl's full sidewall construction to enhance the ski's stiffness and durability.
Even though the Kendo would be an excellent daily driver for eastern rippers, the Kendo's not a traditional carving ski. It's wide enough to eat up the occasional shot of pow, and has been outfitted with tip and tail rocker to help it get up and over rough snow, ease turn initiation, and ride consistently in almost any snow condition. Volkl also hooked the Kendo up with a multi-layer wood core, which features stiff ash underfoot to improve binding retention and power, with lively poplar in the tips and tails for playfulness and easy maneuvering. The bottom line is the Kendo is a great ski for East coast rippers looking for a daily driver and Westerners looking for a confidence-inspiring ride on the hardpack.
- All-mountain ski slices and dices all types of snow
- 90mm waist stands up to east coast ice and Rocky Mountain hardpack
- Playful tip and tail rocker with stable camber underfoot
- Multi-layer wood core combines poppy poplar with durable ash
- Titanium laminate provides plenty of power
- Full sidewall construction enhances stiffness and durability
- Item #VKL004W