Your friends know your powder fever runs pretty hot, but they don't really understand what lengths you'll go to get a faceshot, hike, cut off children, and of course ditch anyone slowing you down. Volkl's Confession Ski complements your no friends on a powder day policy and is designed to sashay through powder and jib off features as if the mountain was your dance floor. The Confession succeeds Volkl's iconic Shiro, eschewing the blunt-nosed tips for a more tapered tip and tail that charges hard and fast when you're looking to speed up.
The Confession boasts the same Titanal-laced structure that the Shiro was known for, meaning you're able to cruise through chop without having to worry about your planks suddenly ghosting out on you. And like any good chrome-infused love song, the Confession's rocker tip and tail, combined with camber underfoot, makes for sweet and smooth turn initiation that's backed up by tough P-Tex 4500 bases. The multi-layer wood core consists of a dense beech beneath the bindings to increase screw retention, while the flexible poplar section ensures a snappy, responsive feel so you don't have to compromise dexterity in favor of durability.
An adaptive core is nice enough on its own, but without the Power Construction, the Confession ends up coming across like a little soft when you try to take it down big mountains. The Power Construction utilizes vertical sidewalls and a titanal band to provides grip, stability, and a smooth ride when tackling steep vert. All of this combines to ensure you can count on the Confession to deliver reliable stability and shock-absorbing performance.
- Big mountain, deep snow destroyer for hard charging riders
- 117mm waist floats well and offers stability at high speeds
- Long turn radius continues the stable and reliable theme
- Blend of rocker and camber holds an edge at speed and floats
- Beech and poplar core offers screw retention and responsiveness
- Titanal band and carbon fiber boosts torsional rigidity, edge hold
- Quality P-tex base provides ample glide and consistent performance
- Item #VKL008H
What do you think about this product?