You've heard of skis that do it all, but experience has taught you that few skis are able do it all--make a ski too wide and it'll carve groomers about as good as a couple of two by fours, but make it too narrow and you might as well have a couple of toothpicks strapped to your feet when it dumps a foot of snow. The Volkl 90Eight Ski is a true all-mountain thrasher with a mid-fat waist that will float a bit of boot-top pow, devour bumps, carve groomers like a Christmas goose, and make short work of spring-time slush. Volkl updated this season's model with an ultralight carbon stringer for enhanced torsional stiffness.
Like the more big mountain-minded 100Eight, the 90Eight features Volkl's 3D Ridge construction, which brings the bulk of material to the center of the ski, resulting in reduced weight, without sacrificing the ski's dampness and stability at speed. The early taper sidecut eases turn initiation for an easy, playful feel when you're hunting pow stashes or making tight turns down technical chutes. Volkl's multi-layer wood core makes up the character and flex of the ski, which, since its a Volkl, is inherently stable at speed with plenty of power to bust through crud. So when you're ready to dominate firm pack and variable post storm snow hop on these speed loving, power packing, super controllable sticks.
- Aggressive and progressive charger for variable inbounds conditions
- 98mm waist is quick edge to edge and stable in choppy snow
- Rocker eases turn initiation and floats, camber holds an edge
- Medium length turn radius is stable at speed and maneuverable
- Beech and poplar combine for powerful response and a damp feel
- 3D.Ridge cuts weight while maintaining stability and response
- P-Tex 2100 base is extremely fast and easy to maintain
- Item #VKL008T