Puff it up.
Style, warmth, and functionality blend seamlessly in the Volcom Women's Simi Puff Down Jacket. A two-layer V-science construction protects you from rain, sleet, and snow while still allowing internal moisture to escape, which ultimately prevents you from becoming saturated in your own sweat. Additionally, the 600-fill duck down insulation ensures you stay exceptionally warm during those extra cold days on the hill. The Simi's slim fit and longer cut simultaneously warms your hips and maintains a sleek silhouette, and the mesh-lined zippered underarm vents dumps excess heat in a pinch if you find yourself overheating. An adjustable powder skirt keeps errant snow at bay when you're busy finding pow stashes, while the adjustable hood, hem, and cuffs lets you customize your fit and protection exactly to your specifications.
- Winter-proof puffy jacket that's as stylish as it is technical
- Waterproof, breathable two-layer construction keeps you dry
- Duck down insulation assures steadfast warmth
- Zippered underarm vents lets heat escape quickly
- Adjustable hood, hem, and cuffs customizes protection
- Powder skirt blocks out flushed powder
- Slim fit maintains a sleek silhouette and mobility
- Item #VLC027D
- Q & A
Good on paper
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 160lbs
I was initially really excited about this jacket - to have a longer down jacket that covered my rear AND is waterproof, that's a nice combo. But unfortunately it was too good to be true. I have worn this jacket all winter, and it works fine in cold dry snowy conditions, but it works abysmally in anything slightly wet - the jacket was literally dripping after two hours on my most recent spring outing and I had to wring it out (not a good sign for down). Another unfortunate down side is that there are feathers beginning to emerge from the seams. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend this jacket.
Wondering when the Burgundy size small will be back in stock?