Look sharp while shredding.
With the Men's Freakin Snow Chino Pant, Volcom took the same pant you love to skate in and added a shred-worthy construction to let you take your street style to the slopes. The burly oxford fabric, classic chino styling, and modern relaxed fit give it casual, skate-inspired style, while V-Science and Zip Tech work together to keep you dry whether you're lapping the park or slashing powder.
Two-layer V-Science fabric with taped critical seams keep moisture at bay in all but the soggiest storms and its rugged construction was designed to last you season after season. The breathable lining keeps you comfortable after multiple laps off-piste while mesh-lined zippered vents can be opened up in springtime when the park action heats up. Meanwhile, boot gaiters and the Zip Tech jacket-to-pant interface keep snow out when Mother Nature drops off the goods.
- Snow pant with street inspired style for dry comfort on the slopes
- V-Science construction keeps moisture at bay through deep snow
- Breathable lining provides cool comfort on off-piste laps
- Mesh lined zippered vents dump excess heat for temperatures control
- Boot gusset with snap fits over any boot without sacrificing style
- Boot gaiter is secured by lace hook to keep powder out of pants
- Specialty ticket ring keeps pass handy for quick entry onto lifts
- Chino styling with relaxed fit takes street style to the slopes
- Item #VLC02RC
- Q & A
Volcum Freakin snow pants
- Size Bought: L
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 180lbs
The pants fit great, but my son is only about 5'9" and the leg length was really too long for him. We chose another style.
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Small
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 145lbs
I bought these in a small for my tall 14 year old son because we liked the kids version last winter.They are more fitted than other snowpants i’ve seen-stylish!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought: Small
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 155lbs
I wear volcom pants as day to day pants, so I decided to go with the snowpants as well. They do not dissapoint! Had to go a size down from my usual medium.
Do these snow pants have insulation or are they just water proof? Would you need to wear a few base layers underneath?
These pants do not have insulation they are just waterproof. I would wear a base layer underneath for warmth.
i wear a size 34-35 wast pant with a 30" inseam typically. What size should I buy
Travis, the size Large is probably your best bet in these specific pants. The inseam in the Large is longer than your typical pair of pants but with snowboard pants that is probably going to be okay. The style is normally a little longer but if that's not your thing, I recommend finding a pair of pants with a "short" inseam length like the North Face Freedom Pant found here: https://www.backcountry.com/the-north-face-freedom-pant-mens?s=a