Hyper V8 Ski
Voile borrowed all the best elements from its well-loved V8 ski, reduced the weight, and thus the Men's Hyper V8 Ski was born. As powder-hungry as the original V8 and weighing in at just under seven pounds per pair in a 186 centimeter length, the Hyper will have you charging up steep skintracks to float and surf through the lightest, deepest powder of the season with unbelievable ease. The rockered tip and tail are responsible for the nimble, floaty feel, while the underfoot camber reliably holds and edge on any unexpectedly firm snow you encounter.
Part of the Hyper's impressively light weight comes from Voile's decision to switch from an aspen core to a light but strong paulownia core, with the addition of extra carbon to maintain stiffness and power on steep, technical terrain. Complete with a snow -and ice-phobic topsheet to prevent you from being weighed-down on the up track by built up snow, the Hyper V8 is your ticket to fun. All you need to do is get to the trailhead.
- Lightweight ski for hunting powder in the backcountry
- Generous 107-119mm waist expertly handles softer snow
- Rockered tip and tail adds float and fun in powder
- Underfoot camber reliably grips hardpack
- Paulownia wood core keeps weight low while maintaining strength
- Extra carbon weave around core adds stiffness for a smooth feel
- Durable, snow-phobic topsheet prevents you from picking up extra weight
- Item #VOL003J