Hyper V6 BC Ski
Voile took all the favorite qualities from its loved V6 ski, significantly reduced the weight, added a fish scale traction pattern on the underfoot section of the base for maximum versatility on flat or rolling approaches or exits, and thus the Men's Hyper V6 BC Ski was born. While the fish scale pattern doesn’t' completely eliminate the need for skins, it can reduces the need to constantly take off and put on skins in terrain where you need a little bit of traction but you also need a little bit of glide.
Tipping the scale at just over six pounds per pair in a 182 centimeter length, you can get far into the backcountry and still have the energy left to actually ski your line with the time comes. Its versatile 96-100 millimeter waist and underfoot camber provide maneuverability and edge hold when the snow is firm, while the tapered shape and tip and tail rocker will effortlessly float you through the deep when the storm delivers. A lightweight yet strong paulownia wood core is to thank for the V6 BC's weight savings, and Voile added an extra helping of carbon around the core to provide stiffness and power so the ski actually rips on the descent. Complete with a short turn radius so you can quickly move from edge to edge, the V6 BC helps dispel the myth that lightweight skis can't actually rip.
- Lightweight touring ski for optimized versatility on big missions
- 96-102mm waist can take on powder and hardpack alike
- Tapered shape and hybrid rocker float like a dream in powder
- Underfoot camber holds an edge on unexpected hardpack
- Traction pattern on base reduces the need for skins in mellow
- Strong but light paulownia wood core won't weigh you down
- Extra carbon weave around core delivers a powerful, smooth ride
- Shorter turn radius makes it easy to move from edge to edge
- Item #VOL003L