Select style & size:Select options
Mezcal III G2.0 XCR Tire
Built for speed and efficiency over hard packed and mixed surfaces comes the new Mezcal III G2.0 XCR Tire from Vittoria. Featuring a densely packed and low profile knob configuration, the Mezcal is easier to get up to speed and its alternating center-ridge tread keeps the rolling resistance low. Thankfully, all that free speed doesn't come with a loss of grip as its numerous effective edges bite hard for impressive cornering, braking, and climbing traction.
This particular tire is built using Vittoria's lightest XC Race Tubeless-Ready 120TPI nylon casing for lightweight performance and dependability and with a folding aramid bead. It does forgo the additional sidewall protection found on the XC Trail casing, however, it sheds 20-45 grams depending on the size and comes with really neat brown sidewalls. Vittoria owns the only extruder in the world that allows for 4 compounds in a single tread which it then fortifies with Graphene 2.0.
This allows Vittoria to fine-tune the flex of the tread-base and tread-surface separately, placing the correct durometer Graphene 2.0 compound exactly where it is needed for maximum cornering, climbing, rolling, and braking performance. Additionally, durability and puncture protection is also improved, as the base compound resists punctures, and provides a more stable base for the tread.
- An XC tire with a knob pattern built for maximum speed
- Alternating center-ridge tread lowers the rolling resistance
- Numerous effective edges bite for cornering, braking, and climbing traction
- Graphane 2.0 compound delivers better wet weather grip
- 4 compounds in the tread increase wear life and durability
- XC Race 120TPI nylon casing drops grams
- Tubeless-ready Aramid bead lets you run sealant and lower pressures for more comfort and a flat-free ride
- Item #VIT004A
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Great tires. They hold up over a few seasons, ride smooth, great traction for my needs (XC riding).