Encore OG BOA Snowboard Boot
You'll always want to take one more lap when you're wearing the Vans Encore Boa Snowboard Boot. It offers out-of-the-box comfort, a lightweight feel, and a versatile all-mountain flex that lets you shred every aspect of the mountain. Boa Coiler lacing lets you cinch up the perfect fit with the simple and quick twist of a dial. And, the medium-soft flex makes it easy to initiate turns and get loose in the park, but yet remains supportive enough to handle jumps and technical terrain. The V1 Waffle lug outsole features rubber with Vans' iconic waffle tread for reliable traction and hard-wearing durability that can stand up to rocky terrain or seasons spent on frozen streets. A heat-moldable V1 UltraCush liner gives nailed-in heel hold and the cushy feel of soft interior cushioning foam, and the heat-retaining temperature shield reflects body heat back to your foot for extra warmth without added weight.
- Comfort-focused all-mountain boot with forgiving feel
- Softer flex is forgiving and great for learners and park rats
- Boa tightening system is quick and easy to use on the go
- V1 UltraCush liner is heat-moldable for the perfect fit
- Molded UltraCush EVA footbed absorbs shock and cuts chatter
- Internal web harness yields a custom fit to match your foot
- V1 Waffle Lug soles enhance grip and board feel
- Open-cell foam interior adds comfort and all-day wearability
- Item #VAN00Z3
- Q & A
Sizing is a big issue.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I wear a 7 usually in most boots. I bought the 7. It was extremely tight and did not fit. I bout the 8. Still was way too small. I bought the 8.5 and finally it felt like this was the right size. The bigger issue was that the outside of the boot was HUGE. My binding settings were now WAY too small. The outside of the boot was inches wider and longer compared to my Burton boots. I like the way they look, but I feel like a 'clompster' . It feels and looks like I have huge snowman feet now! My sister noticed immidietely and was laughing. She said, did your feet just grow like 2 sizes. Apparently! -> According to these new boots.
On the positive side. They are cute, (just big) and super comfortable when you do find the right size, and check your binding!
not true to size
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
It took me a couple returns to finally get the sizing right, I normally wear a size 7 in snowboard boots but these ones run very small. I recommend going a full size to a size and a half up. I ended up going with the 8.5 for room with the heat molding and wearing thicker socks. I love the look of these boots!