Select style & size:Select options
- Item #UBB004L
- Q & A
From the trail to the boardroom
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I was able to test the United by Blue 25L Rift Backpack while camping at the Leelanau State Park in Michigan. We used this pack while hiking on the beautiful trails within this state park. This pack fits in as well on the trail as it will in the boardroom, or commuter train. It has a sleek profile and clean, tight lines which give it all the class of a briefcase while offering the versatility of a backpack. I expect it to last many years of regular use.
What I like most about this pack:
1. It is super comfortable and stays in place even on the bike.
2. Quality construction with a compact, efficient use of space.
3. The specialty pockets hold everything for which they are intended: laptop, smartphone, water bottle / travel mug, etc, while still allowing space for plenty of extra layers, lunch/snacks, etc. It has more volume than it looks like from the outside.
4. The single carrying handle is well-placed, strong, and very comfortable – nice one!
Some of the things I wish this pack had:
1. An integrated rain fly. I am afraid to get this pack dirty – it looks too nice!
2. A hydration hose “slit. This seems like an oversight, because the main pouch easily holds a large water bladder.
3. A waist-belt, making it more comfortable with the pack weighed down.