STR Snowboard Binding
Typically, affordable bindings tend to be soft-flexing freestyle rigs. And that's fine, if you're looking to get loose in the park. But if you're looking for a responsive freeride binding for full-throttle riding on technical terrain, then you're out of luck. Or, at least you were until the Union STR Snowboard Binding came along. The STR offers performance that's similar to that of the iconic Atlas binding, only at a price that leaves more money leftover for post-shred pizza.
Its mid-stiff baseplate offers a responsive feel for navigating steep terrain, and it's built ultra-tough to withstand the toughest abuse you can dish out. The STR2 highback offers support when you're dropping cliffs and making powerful heelside carves, and it has a dual-material construction that improves heelside control and power while still allowing lateral flexibility and comfort. The canted footbed aligns your legs in a more natural position for added power and less strain on your joints.
- Freeride performance that won't destroy your funds
- Mid-stiff baseplate offers response feel
- STR2 highback provides serious support
- Canted footbed aligns joints in natural position
- EVA padding soaks up chatter and from tracked-out terrain
- ExoFrame strap evenly distributes pressure, allows lateral flex
- Hexgrip toe strap conforms to boot's tip for security
- Item #UNNZ07C
- Stage 5 (Duraflex)
- Baseplate Padding
- EXT thermoformed EVA bushing, canted
- Ankle Strap
- ExoFrame 3.0
- Toe Strap
- 1.0 Hexgrip toe strap
- Claimed Weight
- [large] 4lb 8oz
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain snowboarding, freeride/powder snowboarding, park & freestyle snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
August 31, 2020
Value on another level
- I've used it several times
While this binding is a little softer and less refined than the Force, it can still ride just about anything, on any board, anywhere. The STR truly is a little brother to the Force and gets you a great do it all binding without costing an arm and a leg. Its equipped with the high end Atlas ankle and toe straps from a few years ago and still comes with a canted foot bed. For the price the STR is tough to beat.