Contact Pro Snowboard Binding
Gigi Ruf wanted a binding that would complement his smooth and spontaneous style of riding, and Union delivered with the Contact Pro Snowboard Binding. It features ultra-lightweight construction and a medium flex to deliver total freedom and a surfy feel anywhere on the mountain. The bigger your binding's footprint, the more it affects the way your board flexes. That's why the Contact Pro remarkably only makes five percent contact with the board, allowing your board to flex the way it was intended to give you a more natural riding experience whether you're cruising the park or finding sidehits around your favorite mountain.
It also has a medium flexing highback, which is extremely light and has an asymmetrical design to mimic your leg's natural shape for improved comfort. EVA bushings absorb vibrations through variable snow and helps eliminate shock for a smoother ride, while an extruded 3D aluminum heelcup reduces weight and maintains strength and stiffness. The Forma ankle strap provides a secure and responsive fit without creating painful pressure points, and the Ultra Grip toe strap is low-profile and cored-out to wrap around the front of your boot for a comfy and secure fit.
- Master the park with these all-mountain freestyle bindings
- Medium flex is responsive while staying pressable on park features
- CP3 Duraflex baseplates are ultra-strong and lightweight
- Asymmetrical highbacks mimic your legs' natural shape for comfort
- Thermaformed bushings absorb shock and chatter in variable snow
- Forma ankle straps form to your boot for added comfort and response
- Mini disk minimally contacts your board for a natural flex range
- Union offers a lifetime warranty on all baseplates and heelcups
- Item #UNN004K
- Q & A
Lightweight and simple
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Its amazing the bang for the buck you get with this binding. It is probably the lightest weight binding you can get at this price, and lighter weight makes snowboarding easier. Because of the big cushion under the foot it is super comfortable, and all the flex that it provides makes standing in your snowboard feel natural. Skateboarders and surfers love it since they aren't used to their feet being locked in, and this binding style offers much more freedom of moment on the board.