Select style & size:Select options
Time to explore.
Hit the trail or trek through the backcountry in the Tubbs Wilderness Series Snowshoes. A lightweight deck keeps them afloat through powder as you make your own path through the woods and the Active Lift heel riser helps reduce fatigue when you're climbing up steep hills searching for scenic vistas. When the snow conditions change and you find yourself on icy surfaces, the toe crampon and rotating toe cord dig in and offer your traction to keep you upright as you explore.
Tubbs has been making snowshoes for exploring flat lands and remote and rugged mountaintops since 1906. The Wilderness sits right in the middle of Tubbs' assortment of snowshoes and has an intuitive binding design that gets you out on the trails more quickly, something both beginners and experienced outdoor enthusiasts can appreciate. Take the Wilderness out on day hikes to remote waterfalls or stunning vistas in winter's wilderness.
- Snowshoe with the technology for exploring the wintery wilderness
- Fir-Step frame reduces impact on joints for comfort on long hikes
- Rotating toe cord pivots to sink teeth into snow for traction
- 180 Pro binding is padded and easy to secure for warmth and comfort
- Toe crampon offers grip and traction in varying snow conditions
- SoftTec decking floats on the snow to help reduce fatigue
- Heel lift risers reduce Achilles strain on steep ascents
- Item #TUB001H
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Used them on two 4000 ft hikes in NH, this is my first pair of snowshoes. Seem durable (only some scratches on the blue frames). The straps are quick to adjust and make it easy to get them on and off on the trail as needed. Pretty good grip, most of the time I don't need to think about them at all... with a bit of care I got past the steepest parts. Perhaps my next pair will have a more aggressive crampon, but until then, with other traction at hand, these serve me well. In powder I get enough flotation, I picked a size in which I'm around the middle of the recommended weight range.
Please clarify set or individual?
They come as a pair