Select style & size:Select options
When you're trekking through snow-covered woods, it's sometimes nice to fantasize that you're a rugged frontier explorer. But you're pretty sure Lewis and Clark didn't have golden retrievers, and if they did have dogs, they definitely weren't wearing fleece vests. You may not be high in the Rockies, but you can still find the adventure close to home with the Tubbs Frontier Snowshoe. Designed for day hikes on your favorite trails, this snowshoe offers reliable performance and ease of use. The 180 EZ binding features a one-buckle tightening system that makes adjustment on the trail quick and simple. The Fit-Step frame design reduces strain on bones and joints, while the rotating toe cord allows the tail to drop to shed snow, reducing weight while you trek. For traction uphill, downhill, and in slippery hard-packed conditions, you've got carbon-steel toe and heel crampons keeping your grip.
- A snowshoe designed for snowy day hikes through local woods
- One-buckle binding offers quick adjustment on the trail
- Rotating toe cord lets the tail drop to shed snow and shake weight
- Recreational crampons feature braking teeth for dependable traction
- Fit-Step frame reduces impact on bones and joints
- Lightweight deck provides effective flotation without bulk
- Item #TUB001P
- Q & A
Fun, easy to use snowshoes
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Got these as a gift and they are perfect for getting around snowy mountain trails. True that you probably won't use them for mountaineering, but the climbing and descending worked great on a rolling mountain trail I did yesterday. The toe rotates naturally and they are narrow enough that I didn't trip over myself. The crampons delivered solid traction even on some icy uphills.