For Heaney-esque days.
Regardless of whether on a soggy gravel road or a muck-riddled 'cross course that's more reminiscent of Heaney poem than a sporting competition, TRP's Spyre SLC Mechanical Disc Brake Caliper has proven its merit. The bite is positive and the modulation is generous, giving you just the amount of speed-scrubbing control you need to ensure you don't overcook a corner and end up in the brush.
Compared to the standard Spyre, the Spyre SLC's incorporation of a carbon actuation lever trims a bit of weight and actually makes for more responsive braking. The Spyre SLC's even braking is no doubt helped by its dual-side actuation, which lets both pads squeeze instead of leaving one fixed. Less pad wear, less rotor wear, less potential for warping—the benefits of dual-sided actuation are legion.
- Mechanical disc brakes for most drop bar levers
- Carbon actuation arm sheds grams and boosts stopping
- Dual-sided actuation reduces wear on pads and rotors
- Barrel adjuster allows for tool-free, road-side tuning
- To eliminate sponginess, we recommend compression-free housing
- Mounting hardware not included, fork mount requires FF-5 Front Flat Mount
- Item #TRP000I
- [body] aluminum, [actuation arm] carbon fiber
- mechanical disc
- Mount Type
- Claimed Weight
- 5.1oz (146g)
- Recommended Use
- cycling, cyclocross, gravel
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help