Stage MIPS Helmet
Full-face helmets offer the best level of protection for mountain biking, but are often cumbersome and lack the ventilation needed for anything other than downhill. Trail helmets with a removable chin bar seem like a good solution, but many are not fully downhill certified and the removable chinbar can be a hassle. Enter the Stage MIPS Helmet from Troy Lee Designs. An impressively low weight combined with extensive ventilation make the Stage MIPS ideal for enduro style riding or racing, where technical descents worthy of a full-face helmet are mixed in with climbs and long transfer stages. It's still downhill certified, ensuring it can hold up to high-energy impacts if you're riding DH or bike park, but the lightweight and highly-ventilated design make it much more enjoyable for the rides when you have to earn your descent first.
The helmet uses a reinforced outer shell and chinbar constructed from Polylite to keep the weight down. The shell is mated to impact foam comprised of EPS co-molded with EPP to manage both high and low-speed impact energy, with a MIPS system to help disperse rotational impact forces. As mentioned above, it exceeds certifications for downhill race helmets so you can charge your lines with confidence. There are 11 high flow intakes and 14 exhaust ports to maximize airflow, with X-static padded lining that wicks sweat to further assist in keeping you cool and dry. Troy Lee finishes the helmet with a quick and easy magnetic buckle for a secure fit, as well as a widely adjustable visor to manage glare.
- A lightweight, ventilated full-face for enduro MTB
- Reinforced shell and chinbar are tough while keeping weight down
- EPS foam co-molded with EPP handles high & low-speed impacts
- MIPS system helps mitigate rotational impact forces
- Extensive ventilation keeps you cool while pedaling
- Odor-resistant liner pads wick moisture and dry quickly
- Magnetic buckle provides quick, easy, secure fit
- Includes two liner pad sizes, three cheek pad sizes, extra breakaway hardware, & drawstring storage bag
- Item #TLD01DN
- Q & A
The team is great at Competitive!!!!!
I love this helmet it is lightweight and very protective. My box was missing a few items and the guys at Competitive were great and made the exchange super easy.
Feather light, ridiculous light, OMG
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
So I have a Kali helmet that was the "lightest" a few years ago. I picked up this helmet at the shop yesterday and was blown away. I thought maybe it was a kids helmet or something was wrong with it since it was so light. I did not get the chance to try it on; nor do I own it but I wanted folks to know this think has got to be the lightest full face bike helmet on the market right now.