Don’t think twice.
You’ve never been able to resist a big send, whether it’s a good idea at the time or not. From steeps lined with babyhead boulders to jumps on your local resort’s brand new flow trail, trust the Troy Lee Designs D3 Composite Helmet to be there when you go big, against sounder judgement.
With a composite construction, this version of the D3 carries a few more grams than its slighter sibling, the D3 Carbon, but it also preserves more of your summer travel fund without sacrificing crash performance. The D3 Composite covers your head, cheek, and jaw, and dual-density shock pads absorb smaller impacts so that a wash out in a sandy switchback doesn’t render the entire helmet compromised and in need of replacement. Plus, TLD remembered to carve out a wealth of vents to help your lid stay cool and dry when you trade white-knuckle descents for hike-a-bikes and miles-long climbs.
- Conquer the big stuff in this full-face enduro helmet
- Composite construction is lightweight and durable
- EPS foam protects front of your head
- 3D cheek pads provide a contoured fit around your jaw
- Removable, washable liner is breathable and cool
- Adjustable visor and D-ring fastener lend a customizable fit
- Item #TLD00PG
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
A little heavier than the carbon but also cheaper. Same great fit though. Tons of colors to choose from as well.