Broader appeal, from XC to trail.
Whereas the original Ace Short by Troy Lee Designs was a fitted pair of baggies strictly for high-strung XC racing, the reinvigorated Men's Ace 2.0 Short broadens its appeal to everyday trail riders with a slightly more relaxed fit and burlier fabric that's built to withstand thrashings on the trail. However, despite becoming more durable and laid-back than before, the Ace 2.0 retains its status as the lightest short in Troy Lee's line.
The original was constructed with a paper-thin fabric that was great strictly for XC riding, but it left everyday trail riders seeking a bit more durability for the long haul. Realizing this, Troy Lee overhauled the Ace 2.0 with abrasion-resistant polyester combined with ample stretch for fluid mobility and conformity. For 2018, Troy Lee Designs swapped out the previous stretch-to-fit waistband, seeing it was a bit tiresome to get on and off. They replaced it with an improved button fly for easier on and off—all without adding a ton of extra bulk. Also, Troy Lee Designs retained the laser-cut ventilation panels found on the previous version, as to help you regulate your body temperature on long climbs in the brutal summer heat.
- Troy Lee's lightest pair of baggies for XC and trail
- Slightly relaxed fit extends its narrative beyond XC
- Fabric is quick-drying, abrasion-resistant, stretchy
- Laser-cut ventilation along front for cooling airflow
- Updated button fly for easier on and off than before
- Generously sized zippered pocket for essentials
- Item #TLD016E