Select Style & Size
Phantom Running Shoe
With the max-cushioned and road-friendly Phantom Running Shoe, Topo Athletic is stepping out of its comfort zone to help you get into yours. Usually focused on minimal shoes and always with a penchant for the trail, Topo has decided to bring their same foot-forward design to those who are seeking a little more cushioning in their ride. To accomplish this they've designed a new midsole foam that they're calling Zipfoam. It's made with a mix of EVA, TPU, and other cushioning compounds, the end result of which is a ride that stays springy and lively for longer than standard cushioning, and won't start to pack down as soon as you put in some serious miles. The engineered mesh upper is light and breathable on warm summer days, and features unobtrusive overlays to keep your foot supported and in place as you run. Meanwhile, Topo's signature low-drop design and wide forefoot encourage natural footfall and toe-splay to keep your stride healthy, low-impact, and efficient.
- Max-cushioned road shoe that encourages a natural and healthy stride
- Zipfoam midsole delivers a ride that stays energized for longer
- Engineered mesh upper offers comfort and breathability on hot days
- Outsole features rubber only in high-wear areas to save weight
- Wide toe box lets your toes splay out naturally as you run
- Low drop encourages a midfoot strike to better handle impact
- Lightweight overlays provide necessary structure and support
- Wider platform helps create a stable base for a smooth ride
- Item #TPA0018
- Upper Material
- engineered mesh, synthetic
- rubber, foam
- Support Type
- Heel / Forefoot Height
- 30 / 25mm
- Claimed Weight
- (single) 10.2oz
- Recommended Use
- road running
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 30 days
What do you think about this product?
June 7, 2020
- I've put it through the wringer
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 6` 1"
- 200 lbs
Good quality, comfy, nice style. My only beef is they run slightly small. Order a half size up. Not narrow, but short.
August 9, 2019
- I've used it several times
- Size Bought
- 5` 11"
- 200 lbs
Super comfy without being too mushy. These are great distance road shoes. They also work well on non technical trails. If you are looking for extra comfort with a wide toe box and minimal drop I think you would like them. I like them better then my Hoka Nepalis. A bit pricey so look for them on sale.