Helium Platform 1 Bike Hitch Rack
As paint jobs on bikes continue to break barriers in appeal and individual customization, protecting your bike's image — as well as its carbon — is understandably a top priority. Thule charges into the frameless contact market with their Helium Platform 1, which clamps directly at the tires, thus avoiding any contact with your frame. Loading the bikes is a time-saving wonder as you'll unfold the wheel loops, set the bikes in the trays, and ratchet down the loops to secure the wheels in place. Stashing last-minute cargo in the hatch is now less complicated, as the Helium tilts via the HitchSwitch to clear the vehicle's hatch even when the bikes are loaded. And finally, lock the bikes for added security during transport en route to the trailhead with the integrated cable lock (included).
Thule's Helium line strives to reduce weight and maintain strength, and the Helium Platform 1 at just 23lb may weigh less than your bike. And still, the Helium Platform 1 can support a 37.5lb load to accommodate a healthy range of bicycle types while fitting wheel sizes from 26-29in and tires up to three inches wide.
- Frameless contact bike rack for your pride and joy
- Holds one bike securely with ratcheting wheel loops
- Aluminum design reduces weight while maintaining strength
- Easy folding for locking upright when not in use
- Integrated cable lock helps deter theft
- Item #THU008U
- Bike Capacity
- [receivers] 1.25in, 2in, [tires] up to 3in, [wheels] 26-29in
- Locks Included
- [hitch] SnugTit stinger, [tray] integrated cable
- Part Number
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?