Our New Backcountry GORE-TEX Winter Collection
Select a size:
Why We Like The Apex XT Swing Away Bike Rack
Thule's racks are trusted the world over, but the Apex XT Swing Away Four-Bike Rack is even awesomer than the company's numerous other offerings. Sure, it has the same Soft Touch anti-sway bike cages, Thule Road Dampening Technology, and integrated locking cable as many other Thule racks, but those aren't what set it apart. The real moneymaker is the Swing-Away hinge, which lets us tilt the rack away from the hatch—even when it's fully loaded—so you can reach in and pull out our favorite post-ride snacks and beverages.
The Apex is easy to use, for sure, but it's also bombproof. Thule's EasyMount system and Locking Receiver Knob secures it solidly onto any two-inch hitch receiver, and the reinforced cradle straps are 25% stronger than past iterations, so you don't have to worry about your bikes breaking free. There's also a Hitch-Switch, so you can fold down both the arms and the rack body to keep it out of the way when it's unloaded, and an integrated handle at the back that makes the Apex easy to move when you're taking it on and off the car.
- Hanging hitch rack with top-tier protection and easy accessibility
- Hitch-Switch folding design lets you access trunk easily
- EasyMount hitch-mount system makes installation a breeze
- Locking Receiver Knob prevents theft during pit stops
- Soft Touch anti-sway bike cages prevents bike contact
- Thule Road Dampening Technology makes for a smooth trip
- Reinforced cradle straps bolster security
- Integrated locking cable further protects against theft
- Item #THU008V
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.