Keeping up with Jones.
Whether you're mountaineering or splitboarding to deep pow slashes, the ThirtyTwo Women's Jones MTB Speedlace Snowboard Boot has design features such as a waterproof-stretch lace gaiter and Walk Mode collar with Boa cuff release to push the boundaries of what's possible in the mountains. This women's version of legendary big mountain pioneer Jeremy Jones' pro boot is tweaked to match the contours of a lady's leg.
Constructed from the bottom up for the needs of touring, the Walk Mode collar has a Boa cuff release, which allows for longer strides when you're skinning to save your knees from the stress found in traditional boots. The waterproof-stretch lace gaiter prevents laces from freezing solid when you're out in the backcountry all day or even camping to get the goods. This was something Jeremy specifically addressed, as he had previous experiences with his boots freezing solid, resulting in him sleeping in his snowboard boots on those frigid overnights in the backcountry.
Of course you'll appreciate the aggressively lugged Vibram sole, complete with a heel welt for use with both strap and clip crampons. A new addition for this season, the Jones MTB Snowboard Boot features recoil flex control, which is an adaptable insert for controlling just how stiff you'd like this boot to be. Also new this season, ThirtyTwo's Elite liner uses a combination of energy foam and traditional Intuition foam for a boot that's less likely to pack out after 100-days or more of riding. As you'd expect, the Elite liner is heat-moldable, with the Intuition foam providing a custom fit to the unique contours of your feet. Plus, the liner's equipped with a reinforced harness that's more supportive for locked-down heel hold.
- Jeremy Jones-designed boot built for the rigors of splitboarding
- Recoil flex control inserts customize level of stiffness
- Walk Mode with Boa cuff makes for longer strides in tour mode
- Lugged Vibram sole is designed for use with crampons
- Elite liner with Energy foam to resist flex breakdown
- Intution foam in liner conforms to your foot's shape
- Stretch-waterproof gaiter protects laces from freezing
- Molded toe cap reinforces boot from premature wear
- Item #TTW00B9
- Q & A
Great stiff boot
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
32's run small. Its a stiff boat and needs more time to break in. Very responsive, the touring mode is nice and gives you a better stride. Great heel hold.