Vela Quilt: 35-45 Degree Down
Spend summers camping out of your car or backpacking across the the plains with Therm-a-Rest's Vela Quilt keeping you warm at night. It's far roomier than any sleeping bag, and 650-fill down insulation gives that light and lofty warmth we've all grown to love. Therm-a-Rest treated the Vela's down with Nikwax to help the insulation retain its lofty warmth in moisture-riddled tents and cars. The shell has a water-resistant treatment for extra wet weather protection.
The Vela features an elasticized footbox and full-perimeter side baffles to prevent drafts from coming in and your legs from slipping out. The loop kit and snap loops attach to Therm-a-Rest's sleeping pads, sleeping bags, blankets, sheets, or another Vela Quilt. There's an external snap pocket to keep essentials close, and Therm-a-Rest included stuff and storage sacks.
- Roomy and comfortable double wide quilt for camping with a companion
- Polyester outer is resistant to light weather and extremely durable
- 650-fill hydrophobic down traps heat with loft, resist light weather
- ThermaCapture seams keep the bulk down while trapping extra heat
- Full perimeter side baffles help protect against drafts
- Footbox slips over pad to eliminated drafts or over your feet
- Item #CAS00EQ
- Q & A
Great for car camping
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I took this on a quick weekend trip to Moab. The temps were below 40 at night, but I slept in my Subaru with this quilt and stayed cozy all night.
Good for Size & weight
There is definitely a learning curve to this quilt bag. The first night I took it out I was car camping and still had my old bag with me. I ended up using a combination of the old and new and slept great, but it took me a little trial and error to ditch the old bag completely. Overall I like the design and will use this bag more in the future.