Time to get vertical.
When you're five pitches up, The North Face Verto 27 Backpack holds your stuff so that you don't have to. Constructed with high-strength nylon and featuring a slim design, the Verto keeps a low profile during your ascent, and can be easily packed down into another bag when you're traveling. The mid-volume size carries layers and lunch so you don't find yourself getting cold or hungry on the wall, and a hydration-compatible sleeve gives you easy access to a sip of water when you're mid-route. The detachable lid features a pocket for quick access to snacks or route guide, but can easily be ditched if it's weighing you down.
- Lightweight pack for multi-pitches and high-alpine pushes
- Durable construction built for life on the crag
- 27L volume perfect for layers and lunch while keeping a low profile
- Removable frame sheet provides versatile support
- Lid pocket gives you quick access at belay stations
- Ice axe carry comes with hideaway covers for those sharp tips
- Reflective hits offer 360 degrees of visibility during dawn patrol
- Item #TNF03YZ
- Q & A
Pretty slick lightweight bag
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I did not buy this, merely borrowed it, and I'll be the first to admit that I did not use it for its intended purpose. I actually used it for a ski tour, because my current bag is way too small. It doesn't have a supportive backpanel, but for a few hours out with my avalanche safety equipment, layers, water, and food, it was perfectly comfortable with tons of room. Obviously it's not set up for ski touring, so I won't go into specific issues on that, but the bag is lightweight and well-built. It's designed to have the lid detached, and like the description mentions, it can easily be packed into another bag during travel.