Ventrix Light Fleece Hybrid Hoodie
Already a big name in breathable insulation, The North Face's Ventrix series gets a breathable boost with the Ventrix Light Fleece Hybrid Hoodie. Utilizing a hybrid design that combines a stretchy and breathable fleece fabric and lighter-weight Ventrix insulation throughout the body, this active insulator is a versatile layer for active cold-weather pursuits like backcountry skiing and winter hiking, and also wears well on its own during cooler shoulder-season climbing sessions. The smooth and stretchy fleece boosts breathability and mobility on the sides and under the arms, while Ventrix insulation keeps your core comfortably warm. And in case you're working up too much of a sweat on the trail or skintrack, TNF placed small perforations through the upper back for ventilation and comfort. Meanwhile, micro-elastic at the cuffs, hem, and hood provide a snug seal against cold weather, while thumbhole sleeves ensure easy layering when you through a shell on over it. You've got all that, plus a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) coating and warm-when-wet insulation to ensure that sudden snow showers don't ruin your day in the mountains.
- Breathable hybrid jacket for active pursuits in cold weather
- Ventrix insulation provides comfortable warmth that won't pack heat
- Stretchy fleece panels boost comfort, breathability, and mobility
- Perforations in the back allow for airflow during strenuous ascents
- DWR coating sheds light rain and moderate snowfall to keep you dry
- Snug elastic hood keeps out cold winds when you need it to
- Thumbhole loops make it easy to pull on an outer shell
- Zippered pocket keep important gear, nutrition, and maps secure
- Item #TNF053N
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: large
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 175lbs
Just got this jacket and plan to use it for Colorado backcountry skiing. Very soft to the touch and I expect it to be very breathable. I'm typically between a medium and large and I went with the large. The fit is slightly lose, but I'm guessing the medium would have been very form fitting. I like the fit of the large.