Coming In Hot.
Your old PR doesn't stand a chance when you lace up The North Face Men's Ultra Vertical Trail Running Shoe. Built specifically for fast-and-light pursuits, the Ultra Vertical provides unencumbered energy return and protection as you navigate mind-melting steeps and tricky descents alike.
The seamless mesh upper provides ample breathability and is backed by TPU overlays for structural support and protection from trail-side obstacles. Meanwhile, the FlashDry collar wicks moisture and dries quickly to prevent hot spots or chafing. An EVA midsole, along with the protective ESS Snake Plate and foot-inspired Cradle Guide technology, attenuates shock, enhances energy return, and promotes smooth transitions. The 6mm drop allows you to make the most of your natural stride and propels you forward so you explode out of transitions rather than slog your way through them. Not to mention, a Vibram MegaGrip outsole with 5mm lugs deliver unprecedented rip and grip as you tackle wet, dry hardpack or loose terrain.
- An agile shoe fit for fast-and-light trail running
- Breathable mesh is backed by overlays for structural support
- FlashDry collar wicks moisture and dries quickly
- Ortholite footbed bolsters comfort
- Midsole attenuates shock and provides enhanced energy return
- ESS Snake Plate protects foot from rocks
- Cradle Guide promotes smooth toe-to-heel transitions
- Rugged Vibram outsole maintains traction
- Item #TNF038I
- Q & A
Great techie shoe
Great mix of protection, cushion, traction, foot lockdown for mountainous runs. Theyâre my favorite shoes for technical downhills