Less weight and more durability.
Each design in the Summit Series is as tried and true as the athletes that test them. Alpinists, mountaineers, and backcountry skiers all depend on the collection to keep them warm, dry, and safe in the most extreme conditions. The newest Summit L5 FuseForm GTX Jacket for women is no different, now playing on the heart strings of the most weight conscious climbers.
The FuseForm GTX Jacket is 1.4oz lighter than the previous model, but in revolutionary fashion, is also tougher and more withstanding to the unavoidable scrapes, cuts, and tears accumulated over any amount of time on ice covered ridges. The breathable 3-Layer Gore-Tex fabric is specifically engineered with FuseForm threading construction for less seams, which means fewer opportunities for leaks over time. Every zipper is covered with a polyurethane coating for an added layer of waterproof protection from heavy downpours and continuous contact with ice. A shell this technically advanced should be considered a tool just as essential as the ice pick.
- Lightweight shell for climbing in extreme conditions
- Waterproof Gore-Tex ensures protection from the elements
- FuseForm reduces weight and increases durability
- Nylon face fabric withstands abrasions, tears, and scuffs
- Coated zippers increase water resistance
- Adjustable cord locks prevent friction with climbing harness
- Over-helmet hood
- Hand pockets in pack-friendly placement
- The North Face caps innovative design in outdoor technology
- Item #TNF03C0
- Q & A
Breathable Shell for Everything Outdoors
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 125lbs
Favorite part of this jacket is the drop-tail in the back - it's about 3 inches longer than the front. Also, I have long arms and a skinny torso/waist - so I went with the medium and LOVE the fit on this. I'm a 34C cup size and this fits with a thick Patagonia nano-puff base layer underneath with ease. Great jacket for touring, skiing, rainy hikes, backpacking, and beyond.