Icing on the Summit Series cake.
The North Face's Summit Series represents the best apparel that TNF can make for alpine environments. Every layer you'd wear on an alpine climb, mountaineering mission, or expedition has a spot in the Summit Series, with baselayers named as "Summit L1" and outer shells shown as "Summit L5." So when you read The North Face Men's Summit L5 FuseForm GTX Performance Hooded Jacket, you can rest assure that it's the best technical shell that The North Face can muster.
More specifically, this outer shell fends off all the elements you're bound to encounter on most alpine adventures. Gore-Tex grants this jacket with remarkable waterproofing and the amplified breathability required to summit unconquerable peaks. The North Face's unique FuseForm construction seamlessly fuses fabrics with different deniers together in order to enhance durability where alpinists need it most (ie. where backpack straps would rub against the fabric, or where your chest would graze rock and ice). Since there are fewer seams, FuseForm decreases the amount of areas that usually allow melted ice to seep through, thus amplifying Gore-Tex's waterproof qualities.
Because the Summit Series goes above and beyond regular apparel for alpine recreation, The North Face designed the Summit L5 FuseForm GTX Performance Hooded Jacket with a thin three-layer construction that makes it lighter and easier to pack.
- The North Face's Summit Series shell grants alpine-worthy protection
- Gore-Tex gives remarkable waterproofing and amplified breathability
- FuseForm seamlessly fuses different deniers to customize durability
- Three-layer construction enhances compact packability and lightness
- Ventilation zippers under each arm amplify airflow when needed
- Adjustments at hem, cuffs, and helmet-compatible hood to secure fit
- Item #TNF03H2