Summit L3 Ventrix 1/2-Zip Hooded Jacket
When talking about active pursuits in cold weather it's easy to bill things as versatile, breathable, and innovative, but The North Face's Summit L3 Ventrix 1/2-Zip Hooded Jacket truly fits the bill, and is bound to be a trusted companion on backcountry ski treks, cool-weather climbs, and chilly fall hikes. As the name suggests, this jacket is filled with TNF's Ventrix insulation, a synthetic stretch fabric that delivers comfortable warmth that won't trap heat or get too stuffy as you move. This jacket takes this concept even further though, with specially perforated insulation and an ultralight fabric at the underarm and center back, giving you constant temperature regulation that doesn't require hard-to-reach zippers and added weight.
Adding to the innovative design of this jacket is the durable design of the shoulders and torso. The top half of the jacket is made up of a higher denier ripstop fabric, ensuring abrasion-resistance from miles and miles of hard traveling with heavy packs. A gusseted underarm enhances your range of motion for hikes and climbs, and works in tandem with the ventilated design to ensure temperature regulation when you start to move. The zippered chest pockets hold gear, snacks, and maps, while the elasticized hood is there to keep your noggin warm in windy weather.
- Take this active insulator on all of your high-output adventures
- Ventrix insulation ensures comfortable warmth during activity
- Dynamic integrated venting in underarms and back helps cool you down
- Durable fabric in the shoulders withstands abrasion from pack straps
- Gusseted underarm provides a free range of motion as you move
- Chest pockets have a breathable pocket-bag fabric for venting
- Pre-tensioned hood delivers a snug fit in windy weather
- Item #TNF04MR