Select a Size
Select a Color
Sierra Peak Down Hooded Jacket
Utilize the impressive warmth to weight ratio and super compressible aspect of the 800-fill goose down found in The North Face Sierra Peak Down Hooded Jacket by shoving it in your pack before your next colder weather hike or camping mission to keep reliable warmth at arms length. When the temperatures start to drop with the sun simply pull it out flip up the pre-tensioned hood to trap extra heat and trust the WindWall outer to fight off breezes and handle the wear and tear of camping.
- Down insulated hoodie built to always have a spot in your pack
- WindWall fights off light precipitation and heavy winds
- FlashDry insulation wicks moisture to keep you fresh and active
- Goose down is lightweight, compressible, and extremely warm
- Oversized and adjustable hood traps extra heat for extra cold days
- Inset elastic cuffs create a comfortable and reliable fit
- Item #TNF05S5
- WindWall (100% nylon ripstop)
- 800-fill goose down
- Center Back Length
- 2 zippered hand
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, casual, hiking
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
November 17, 2019
Great jacket, but...
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 9"
- 160 lbs
I love this jacket. The slim cut is perfect for my frame (5’9”, 160). Medium worked well for me. It’s very warm and light, and so far, I’ve had no problem with feather leakage. The sole issue is that there is no hem drawcord. That’s odd, because it’s mentioned as a feature on both the Backcountry listing, and on TNFs website. The folks at Gearlab called this out as well. It’s a very weird oversight, and the jacket could definitely benefit from one. So, wind draft is bound to become an issue at some point, but the fit is so good, I’m willing to overlook it. YMMV, make your judgement accordingly, etc, etc.
December 7, 2019
The jacket does not stand up to 29 degree weather. It’s tight around the arm pits and the arms do not have enough down. Aside from that it’s a good looking jacket and is good in 45 degree weather