No downpour too nasty.
When you see a chance of rain in the forecast ahead of a weekend camping trip, it doesn't bother you. In the rain, in the snow, or in howling winds, you'd still rather be out on the trail than stuck indoors. If weight matters less to you than staying fully dry when you're pitching a tent in the rain, stash The North Face Resolve 2 Hooded Men's Jacket in your pack ahead of day trips and longer adventures to stay prepared. A fully waterproof membrane and durable nylon body equip this jacket for heavy use in heavy weather, and while it isn't as light as TNF's feathery Venture jacket, it still shields you loyally on rainy family camping trips and windy solo summit pushes alike.
- Stay dry in howling wind and heavy rain in this jacket
- Relaxed fit layers easily over other hiking clothing
- DryVent membrane is completely impervious to rain and wind
- Adjustable, stowable hood shields your head in a downpour
- Zippered hand pockets provide a safe haven for electronics
- Storm flap protects full-length zipper from leaks
- Item #TNF030A
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 2XL
I wanted a nice rain coat/wind breaker for spring snowboarding and just running around. I picked this one up, and I have put all my other coats "on the hanger" since. Unlike my other TNF rain coat, this has a 2nd layer "liner" - NOT insulated, but keeps that wet feel of the fabric off your skin, and the water beads right up like its got a fresh coat of wax. I like the high collar, not because I like my collars up to be cool, but it keeps the wind off my neck very well. True fit, nicely cut for my style. Room for a hoody and still comfy. I'm 6'0, and 290lbs. Bought a 2XL.
Would the 3X fit me? I'm 5'10" tall and weight 270 lbs. My chest is 52 inches and my waist is 54 inches.