Purist Futurelight Jacket
Prepare yourself for cold boot packs on snowy mountain ridges, deep powder turns at the resort, and stormy backcountry conditions with the Purist Futurelight Jacket. This feature-rich shell provides weatherproof, breathable protection for riding resorts and touring the backcountry, with just the right style for après celebrations.
- Adventure-ready shell catered to skiing, snowboarding, and touring
- Futurelight membrane blocks weather while maintaining breathability
- Helmet-compatible hood traps heat while blocking wind and snow
- Elastic wrist cuffs with thumb loops prevent snow from sneaking in
- Chest zips dump excess heat while you work up a sweat
- 4-way stretch powder skirt keeps snow out, ensures free movement
- Edge drop hem adds coverage on while riding or on the lift
- Plethora of skiing and riding specific pockets keep you prepared
- Item #TNF05OI
What do you think about this product?
December 23, 2019
Best of all worlds
This jacket is crazy light and soft for a waterproof shell. Super comfortable, and with the right layers under it can be great for anything from frigid lift days to sunny touring days. I love that it is a light and technical enough fabric for ski touring, but still fully featured with all the pockets and doo-dads for resort days. I also love that it is a super nice technical fabric, but still a generous "freeride" style fit not the usual tight euro fit you get with more touring specific outerwear. This is definitely a pretty big/tall fit, in a good way as long as you get the right size. I'm 6' 195lbs. If I was using it touring only I would go Large, but at the resort I like a bit more coverage and room for layers so I went XL. The XL fits baggy on me though, if you're 6' and want a non-baggy fit definitely go Large or Medium even if you're skinnier. I paired these with the Purist Bibs and am so pumped on the outfit for all my ski days here in Utah. Only possible disadvantage would be how light they are if it is cold out, but I would much rather just add layers as needed than have them bee too heavy/hot when it is warm.