Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Select style & size:Select options
Mountain 25 Tent
Designed to withstand surly winter storms, whipping winds, and downright bone-chilling temperatures, The North Face Mountain 25 Tent is a stout 2-Person 4-Season shelter ideal for everything from winter camping in the Rockies to glacier hunkering in the Chugach. Being the most compact tent in the Summit Series, the Mountain 25 is a great option for self-supported missions with a burly build but a highly manageable trail weight of just under nine pounds, so you don't need a plane or a helicopter to carry it for you.
The Mountain 25 may not be the heaviest expedition-style shelter around, but it's built to withstand the kind of weather you'll inevitably encounter during winter in the mountains. The 40D nylon fly strikes a good balance between strength and weight, is treated with a PU/silicone coating, and has fully taped seams to repel sleet and snow, even when they don't stop for days on end. The untreated main canopy is equipped with dual doors and mesh vents, so you don't wake up to dewy mess halfway through the night.
When the storm carries on longer than you thought possible, you can peek through the polyurethane port window and check on the conditions (hint: they're probably still bad). The North Face crack-tested the window down to -60F, so you won't have to worry about severe arctic temps wreaking havoc on it, although polar bears may still pose a threat. Inside the Mountain 25 are eight pockets to keep everything organized, so you don't lose your mind due to clutter during that three day storm, and multiple internal hanger loops to provide a spot to hang wet and smelly gear before you turn in for the night.
- Lightweight, 4-season tent for winter camping and mountaineering
- Bucket floor boasts fully sealed seams and reliable waterproofing
- Removable rain fly and zippered mesh paneling for wet weather
- Dual doors with poled dual-entry front vestibule for gear storage
- PU port window tested down to -60F degrees
- Eight interior pockets and a lot of internal hang loops
- DAC poles, four snow stakes, and reflective guylines included for simple, secure setup
- Item #TNF05C0