Select style & size:Select options
Minimal, but practical.
The North Face's Kabyte pack is a minimal street bag for commutes and relaxed urban adventures—like your aimless Saturday walk through Golden Gate Park. Sleek and compact, the Kabyte has a fleece-lined laptop sleeve to cushion your computer in case a car forces you and your bike to the ground. You'll also find the internal zippered pocket useful if you're traveling or on public transit as it offers an added layer of security for your devices, wallet, and passport.
- A minimal commuter with potential for light adventure
- FlexVent has cushy shoulders and back venting
- Fleece laptop sleeve with ejector tab for easy removal
- Water bottle pocket for on-the-go hydration
- Item #TNF03A9
California Proposition 65
- Q & A
An excellent bag for work essentials
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The Kabyte is the only reasonably priced backpack that fit my needs: could carry my commuting needs - laptop with charger, iPad, cables, headphones, camera, water bottle, snacks, and a layer - while looking work appropriate, remaining comfortable to carry when loaded, and remaining thin and low profile enough that it won't be a problem on the train.
The organization features are excellent - it has just the right amount of pockets, including a useful stash pocket on the outside - and it opens up wide enough that it's easy to find whatever stuff is in there.
It's not the most commodious bag in the world - if you want one bag that can function for work and the gym, this won't work for you - but if you want a good commuter bag, it's worth checking out.
Excellent, slim daily grind pack
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I've only had this for a day but I'm loving it so far as an EDC work bag.
It easily holds my 15" Macbook Pro in the back-most laptop compartment, my iPad Pro 12.9 with cover/integrated Apple Pencil holder in the tablet sleeve, a phone, charge cables, "extras" wallet with loyalty cards, seldom used bank cards, RX & insurance cards, etc., a couple Field Notes notebooks carried in a Nock Co. case with three writing implements, bulky Oakley Fast Jackets in semi-rigid case, a decent sized medical trauma kit, a slim pack of baby wipes—and there's room to spare. BUT—and this is the great thing—it's got a really slim profile which makes an urban train or bus commute more pleasant, and which also works well to minimize your profile on the bike. And it looks cool to boot!
For the bike commuter, all of the above along with a set of business casual attire OR a pair of shoes appears to fit. Carrying both would likely work sans the trauma kit and a few other of the nice-to-haves.
• Plenty roomy for the daily work/life essentials but also forces you to consider what's needed (not a kitchen sink bag)
• Slim profile for easier mobility during urban commuting or while on the bike
• Sleek, modern appearance available in some pretty cool colors
• Appears to be robustly built of durable, weather resistant and easily cleanable materials