Free Thinker Hooded Jacket
The Men's Free Thinker Jacket is one of The North Face's most technically advanced jacket for big mountain skiers and snowboarders. Its fully taped, three-layer Gore-Tex Pro shell provides waterproof and windproof protection, with plenty of breathability for skinning and hiking. YKK AquaGuard zippers cover nearly every external opening for water-resistant protection, and a DWR coating covers the rest of the openings for extra water-resistance.
The Free Thinker features a stretchy powder skirt that connects to clip-compatible TNF ski pants for complete coverage. Its hood slides over your helmet or cinches snugly around your beanie, and the internal cuffs work with the adjustable cuffs and hem to seal out bad weather. There are multiple pockets for hands, radios, goggles, phones, and extra gear, including an internal media pocket that lets you crank some tunes when you finally drop into your epic line.
- A technical shell jacket for backcountry skiers and snowboarders
- Three-layer Gore-Tex is durably waterproof and highly breathable
- Helmet-compatible hood shuts out high winds and summit flurries
- Underarm vents dump heat during long backcountry ascents
- Stretchy powder skirt keeps the snow out in waist-deep powder
- Water-resistant zippers seal out moderate moisture
- Internal media pocket lets you jam while you ride
- Item #TNF04PL
- Q & A
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 175lbs
At least in a size large, it's actually a size large. And the circumference of the arms aren't too tight, for multi-layering. I don't know why anyone wants a shell that fits like a dress shirt.
Removable snow skirt.
And the hood isn't gigantic to fit over a helmet that never fits your head, otherwise.
Just wish it was a shorter length. Hits just below crotch.
Super solid jacket
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
This jacket is lightweight and a perfect shell. It has tons of pockets right were they need to be