When it's Friday afternoon and you realize you've got an open weekend ahead — no commitments and nowhere to be — pack up The North Face Drift 55 Backpack and go spend the weekend off-the-grid. With a top-loading design and separate sleeping bag compartment, the Drift 55 makes packing up in a hurry simple. Eight pockets spread throughout the pack let you separate the clothing and food you'll need for your two-day sojourn in the woods, and an airy ventilated support system keeps you comfortable once you begin your trek. After you make camp off the trail, head out on a morning summit push or a short detour to an alpine lake without being weighed down by all of your gear; the Drift 55 includes a small sack pack so that you can leave your camp stuff behind and explore unencumbered.
- Escape civilization for the weekend with this roomy pack
- Supportive suspension system adjusts to customize fit
- 47 liter capacity accommodates gear for a weekend
- Exterior bungee cords increase your carrying capacity
- Sleeping back compartment makes setting up camp easy
- Waist belt pocket keeps your phone close-by for nature shots
- Compression straps streamline the pack for easier carry
- Internal hydration sleeve fits most bladders
- Item #TNF036H
- Q & A
Love! (but product image not accurate)
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I bought this in the color "Tandoori Spice/...Casino." Let me first say that I was relieved to see that the product image was not accurate. Here it shows the padding being white (which I was worried about, with sweat and staining and everything) and in reality, the straps and padding are black throughout.
I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but it seems well made and I'm hoping the material is sturdy enough that this pack will be with me a while. I do wish that the pack had a hole at the top to lead the bladder's hose through but it should be fine anyway.