Ceptor Hooded Jacket
The North Face calls it the new backcountry for park rats transitioning to the backcountry. The Ceptor Hooded Jacket takes steezy style and creates a technical performance shell. DryVent membrane is fully water and windproof while remaining breathable and letting vapor pass from the inside to the outside. With a DWR finish, water repels from the surface to reinforce the face fabric. The benefit of a shell allows you to layer as you choose depending on the temperatures, and underarm vents allows air flow to pass while you are boot packing back up to to the in-run. On deep powder days the powder skirt, jacket-to-pant integration and thumb loops keep you secure so snow can't get in and hold you back. The relaxed fit gives your body a comfortable range of motion to grab, butter and pillow pop.
- A three layer jacket for riding deep backcountry lines in style
- DryVent 3-layer material sheds water when charging through powder
- Underarm ventilation dumps heat when working up a sweat when hiking
- Powder skirt keeps snow from sneaking up the back during falls
- Jacket-to-pant compatibility with certain North Face brand pants
- Relaxed fit easily layers over a midlayer for added protection
- Item #TNF04Q5
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 205lbs
I've used at the resort and touring a couple times and it works great in both conditions. Blocks the wind and keeps me dry all day long!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
This is perfect. I love it I use it for more like downhill skiing then touring, but it would be a great jacket for touring. I just wear like a basic long sleeve t-shirt underneath and it is plenty warm for me. It also has tons of pockets which I am a big fan of, and looks super good with khaki snow pants. Defiantly would recommend this jacket to anyone.
What temperature is this good to?
It would be difficult to put a temperature rating, this jacket is just a shell. You would want to layer up and toss the Ceptor on top to not get soaked.
Hi, just wondering about the hood and it being helmet friendly?