Don't let the cat out of the bag.
The North Face's lightest and most compressible synthetic bag for backpacking in damp conditions, the 20 Degree Cat's Meow Sleeping Bag is a favorite for those who really value a good night's sleep in the backcountry. Stuffed with Heatseeker Pro insulation and wrapped around with a Cyclone construction, this bag maximizes your warmth through its compressible, vertical baffles, and maintains a lightweight, compressible design to reduce the weight you're hauling on your back. The shaped hood and draft tube help this mummy bag keep cold, piercing gusts at bay, and the pad retainer loops attach to your sleeping pad to prevent you from being tossed onto the unwelcoming cold ground. And when morning comes and it's time to break up camp, the included compression and storage sack helps carry your bag while saving space in your pack.
- Compressible, ultralight sleeping bag for backpacking trips
- Tough fabric holds up to rough abrasion and the elements
- Heatseeker Pro insulation wraps you in cozy comfort
- Compressible vertical baffles eliminate dead air pockets
- Draft tube protects against heat loss and cold drafts
- Included stuff and storage sacks ensure easy transport
- Item #TNF03ZE
- Q & A
Great Bag For The Price
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This bag definitely doesn't pack down as small and isn't as light as a quality down bag. But if your looking to save some money or want a bag that performs well when wet It this this is probably the best synthetic bag you can get. Its quite comfortable and seems quite well made. I found it to be plenty warm down to freezing. The material is quite thin and I did notice I had to be careful while zipping it to prevent snags. But it seems to have the fabric reinforced in reasonable locations. I look forward to giving it a further shake down later this summer.