Don't let storm clouds get you down.
There's a certain hopeless feeling when you're 12 miles into a hike and the wind picks up around you with dark and ominous clouds looming over the treetops. Don't let yourself get caught without a layer to protect you from the elements on fall and spring days that tease you with good weather, only to break loose a mid-day storm. Throw on the North Face Apex Risor Hooded Softshell jacket for light weight protection from the elements. With DWR treated 100% windproof WindWall fabric, you know you can trust it to keep the wind and water out in the critical moments when a good layer can mean the difference between reaching your destination or bee-lining it for the car. The soft, brushed lining provides some warmth, but it lacks heavy duty insulation so you don't have to worry about overheating while you're out.
- Windproof shell for when the weather might turn sour
- Soft lining keeps you warm without overheating
- DWR treated to repel water and keep you dry
- Two hand and one chest pocket keep necessities close
- Regular fit for room to move or layer underneath
- Ideal for hiking, and trail running, or sharing stories of general bad-assery around a campfire
- Item #TNF03JQ