Don't let storm clouds get you down.
There's a certain hopeless feeling when you're 12 miles into a hike and the wind picks up around you with dark and ominous clouds looming over the treetops. Don't let yourself get caught without a layer to protect you from the elements on fall and spring days that tease you with good weather, only to break loose a mid-day storm. Throw on The North Face Apex Risor Hooded Softshell jacket for light weight protection from the elements. With DWR treated windproof WindWall fabric, you know you can trust it to keep the wind and water out in the critical moments when a good layer can mean the difference between reaching your destination or bee-lining it for the car. The soft, brushed lining provides some warmth, but it lacks heavy duty insulation so you don't have to worry about overheating while you're out.
- Windproof shell for when the weather turns sour
- Soft lining keeps you warm without overheating
- DWR treated to repel water and keep you dry
- Two hand and one chest pocket keep necessities close
- Regular fit for room to move or layer underneath
- Item #TNF03JQ